A fair refund policy.
Bad refund policies are infuriating. You feel like the company is just trying to rip you off. We never want our customers to feel that way, so our refund policy is simple: If you’re ever unhappy with our products* for any reason, just contact our support team and we’ll take care of you.
- If you were just charged for your next month of service but you meant to cancel, we’re happy to refund that extra charge.
- If you forgot to cancel your account a couple months ago and you haven’t used it since then, we’ll give you a full refund for a few back months. No problem.
- If you tried one of our products for a couple months and you just weren’t happy with it, you can have your money back.
- If you forgot to cancel your account a year ago, and there’s been activity on your account since then, we’ll review your account usage and figure out a partial refund based on how many months you used it.
- If you upgraded your account a few months ago to a higher plan and kept using it in general but you didn’t end up using the extra features, we’d consider applying a prorated credit towards future months.
- If we had extended downtime (multiple hours in a day, or multiple days in a month) or you emailed customer service and it took multiple days to get back to you, we’d issue a partial credit to your account.
Monthly vs Annual subscriptions
We may offer annual subscriptions for some of our products. Our annual subscriptions are less money then if you paid monthly over the same time frame. For example, we may charge $10 a month for a product which would be $120 a year. However, if you pay annually it would only cost $96, saving you 20%. In order to offer you this savings, we can not prorate refunds. So if you buy the annual plan and cancel in the eighth month, we will not refund you for the unused four months.
At the end of the day, nearly everything on the edges comes down to a case-by-case basis. Send us a note, tell us what’s up, and we’ll work with you to make sure you’re happy.
*This policy applies to any product created and owned by Engine Awesome LLC.